Will Slimjet 13 support Vista like 12 does?

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
oftentired

Re: Will Slimjet 13 support Vista like 12 does?

Post by oftentired »

slim.moe wrote:
oftentired wrote:You will need to discover the answer after it is released and you install it.
Do you know when it'll be released?
No.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Vistaguy

Post by Vistaguy »

Vistaguy wrote:
cwm4bama wrote:Unless something changes the last released version of SJ that supports Vista is Version 11.0.8.0...
Version 11.0.8.0 (released October 4) "disabled auto-update of flash plugins," so your pepflashplayer.dll must be four months old, and there have been no SJ 11 updates since SJ 12 was released. My only complaint about SJ 12.0.7.0 is that my pepflashplayer.dll is more than one month old now...
While waiting for the developers to figure out what to do about flash updates for those running Vista, I uninstalled Slimjet 12.0.7.0 and installed 11.0.7.0, which predated the disabling of flash updates (see http://www.slimjet.com/en/whatisnew.php). I then opened slimjet://components to check for a pepperflash update, and received the current 23.0.0.207 version. As expected, it works on Vista. (The only PPAPI version that did not work on Vista was 23.0.0.162, which is now outdated anyway.) So unless you plan to keep the flash plugin disabled, the only Slimjet version I could recommend for Vista at this time is 11.0.7.0. I suppose that 10.0.9.0 might work equally well, but I haven't tested it. You should not use 10.0.11.0 unless you plan to use Flash NPAPI, which you could obtain either by installing Firefox or acquiring an Adobe distribution license.

slim.moe

Post by slim.moe »

oftentired wrote:
slim.moe wrote:Do you know when it'll be released?
No.
Do you perhaps know now, since it's much closer?
Thank you.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

slim.moe wrote:
oftentired wrote:
slim.moe wrote:Do you know when it'll be released?
No.
Do you perhaps know now, since it's much closer?
Thank you.
I am a Slimjet user not a developer. I'm not in the loop.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

slim.moe

Post by slim.moe »

oftentired wrote:I'm not in the loop.
You post all the official pages on this forum.
dev wrote:
oftentired wrote:You will need to discover the answer after it is released and you install it.
best response yet lol
You mean best non-response.