Text box behavior

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
paul1149

Text box behavior

Post by paul1149 »

I've been noticing wrong behavior in certain text boxes. While the comment boxes of Disqus are fine, those of Livefyre are not. When in them, if the End or Home keys are pressed the page scrolls to the bottom or top, rather than the cursor moving to the beginning or end of the line in the text box.

You can test this by going to http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... rvard.html and going through the motions of creating a comment on one of the stories.

I don't get this in Opera 12, and I turned off my Adblock Super and the behavior persisted.

paul1149

Re: Text box behavior

Post by paul1149 »

Perhaps it is related that using the context menu key on the keyboard does not work in many text boxes, including Disqus comment boxes. It should bring up the right-click context menu, but does nothing.

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

I tried the page you mentioned. Home/end key does work as usual. Menu key also works.
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

paul1149

Post by paul1149 »

Indeed. It works with a fresh profile. Another extension must be at play here....

paul1149

Post by paul1149 »

Now it even works in my main profile. Either I posted the wrong url or the couple of changes I've made in extensions this week have made the difference. Will keep observing. Thanks.

paul1149

Post by paul1149 »

It was the extension, Scroll To Top Button, v 6.3.1, which I disabled a couple of days ago. Time to find an alternative. Thanks.

dev

Post by dev »

paul1149 wrote:It was the extension, Scroll To Top Button, v 6.3.1, which I disabled a couple of days ago. Time to find an alternative. Thanks.
You could try https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... cnpgmjnhfp and config it to scroll to top/bottom or any mouse gesture extension.

paul1149

Post by paul1149 »

Thanks. I decided to forgo any scroll to top extension (the one I cited is no longer made, I see). But your suggestion gives me another idea to think about - I could configure a gesture for StrokeIt, to which I have consigned all gestures on the system, to do the deed.

dev

Post by dev »

No probs and Yeah same thing really, I used strokesplus for a while to do similar things in internet explorer when i.e pro when stopped working. :)