Slimjet for a DEFAULT Browser in Windows 10! How???

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
saurabhdua

Slimjet for a DEFAULT Browser in Windows 10! How???

Post by saurabhdua »

Hello Members!

I wish to turn my Slimjet installation on Win 10 as a Default Browser, but unable to figure out a Credible way which can help me achieve the same!?

Please refer to the enclosed Screenshots & help guide further in this regard. Slimjet is neither showing for the options available under Default Apps, nor it is visible under the hive of Programs getting listed over there!

Inputs will be sincerely appreciated.

Thank you.

RBTB2605

Re: Slimjet for a DEFAULT Browser in Windows 10! How???

Post by RBTB2605 »

Go to Control Panel and then Default Apps. Do it there. Set Slimjet as the default for everything it is capable of opening.

saurabhdua

Post by saurabhdua »

Hello RBTB2605!

As you can very well see in the posted screenshot - the list of Programs showing up under 'Default Apps' isn't listing Slimjet!?
So how would I be able to accomplish the same?

RBTB2605

Post by RBTB2605 »

You need to go to the Control Panel... not the panel that you have open. Then click on the Default Programs icon and then set Slimjet as default there.

http://www.howtogeek.com/116382/how-to- ... windows-8/

saurabhdua

Post by saurabhdua »

Hello Members!

I would like to now 'Update' that this recent transition to the Latest version of Slimjet vide Version 12.0.6.0 (based on Chromium 53.0.2785.89) have resolved this issue in a comprehensive manner!

Default Apps were now showing up - Slimjet - among other Options & hence I were able to choose the same with success!

Everything is all set, fine & working as anticipated!

I have been able to set "Slimjet" as my default Browser!

Thanks. :|