[Feature request] Custom the right click menu

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
Locked
Rockyone
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:40 am

[Feature request] Custom the right click menu

Post by Rockyone »

Hello,

First i would like to tank you for your wonderful job. It's really the best chromium based browser that i ever tested. Really customizable, fast, nice interface.

I'm here to ask you if you could make the right click menu more customizable. For example hiding some buttons that very few people use (back, forward,view page source,inspect element...)
Another example, i'm currently using internet download manager and there is already the option to download all links. So i have it twice :/
I'm asking you this feature because when we have a lot of extensions the right click menu grows and becomes huge. It becomes difficult to use.

There is no such extension on chrome but on firefox yes, for example https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/a ... nu-editor/ ( to give you an idea what i'm asking)

Thanks !

User avatar
oftentired
Posts: 1359
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 3:14 am

Re: [Feature request] Custom the right click menu

Post by oftentired »

if this is possible it is a very good thing indeed
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

Running 32 Bit SJ on Win 7 Pro

skribboth
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:30 pm

Re: [Feature request] Custom the right click menu

Post by skribboth »

Definitely requesting this too!

dev
Posts: 761
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:30 pm

Re: [Feature request] Custom the right click menu

Post by dev »

So something like https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... gcfpmfchpn inbuilt but more flexible ?

Rockyone
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:40 am

Re: [Feature request] Custom the right click menu

Post by Rockyone »

dev wrote:So something like https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... gcfpmfchpn inbuilt but more flexible ?
Yes.

jeffhere
Posts: 175
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:59 am

Re: [Feature request] Custom the right click menu

Post by jeffhere »

This would be good. There are 2 places that really bug me to see the extra context menus.

1. "facebook" Personally I do not like facebook (could say I hate it but that sounds too strong maybe :) )and do not use it - ever. I hate to have to see it in my right click menus when I click on a pic - this bugs me. Please allow me to remove it!!
JSPic0001.gif
2. I have an adblocker installed already, but in customize and control slimjet, tools - I still see install adblocker extension. :? If any adblock is installed, it should remove itself. This just makes users like me think slimjet is not smart enough! :)

dev
Posts: 761
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:30 pm

Re: [Feature request] Custom the right click menu

Post by dev »

You using a chrome extension adblocker or a windows one ? I have ublock (chrome store) and don't see the text in tools menu. I was thinking if you installed another adblocker on top
of the one you are using if the text would disappear and then if you just disabled that adblocker the text wouldn't reappear ?

jeffhere
Posts: 175
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:59 am

Re: [Feature request] Custom the right click menu

Post by jeffhere »

Using Chrome extension Adguard (really nice, small mem footprint)...installed originally but on my own through the store, not by using that menu item...but will try what you suggest, didn't think of installing it and then deleting it!

If I use the item to install, it installs AdBlocker Plus. Item is then gone! If I then delete it, the item comes back :evil: If I just disable it, then the item is still gone but I really don't want to have ABP there if I am not going to use it, which I won't. Guess I'll live with the menu item there, as I don't use that menu set often...but it is still irking.

But yes, install and disable ABP would work.

dev wrote:You using a chrome extension adblocker or a windows one ? I have ublock (chrome store) and don't see the text in tools menu. I was thinking if you installed another adblocker on top
of the one you are using if the text would disappear and then if you just disabled that adblocker the text wouldn't reappear ?

dev
Posts: 761
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:30 pm

Re: [Feature request] Custom the right click menu

Post by dev »

jeffhere wrote:Using Chrome extension Adguard (really nice, small mem footprint)...installed originally but on my own through the store, not by using that menu item...but will try what you suggest, didn't think of installing it and then deleting it!

If I use the item to install, it installs AdBlocker Plus. Item is then gone! If I then delete it, the item comes back :evil: If I just disable it, then the item is still gone but I really don't want to have ABP there if I am not going to use it, which I won't. Guess I'll live with the menu item there, as I don't use that menu set often...but it is still irking.

But yes, install and disable ABP would work.

dev wrote:You using a chrome extension adblocker or a windows one ? I have ublock (chrome store) and don't see the text in tools menu. I was thinking if you installed another adblocker on top
of the one you are using if the text would disappear and then if you just disabled that adblocker the text wouldn't reappear ?
Ahh thanks for trying it, at least we know a little trick to remove the text if people don't like it :)

skribboth
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:30 pm

Re: [Feature request] Custom the right click menu

Post by skribboth »

Any news on the customization of context menus? :)

Locked