A sudden & an abrupt issue with SHA-1 signatures.

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
saurabhdua

A sudden & an abrupt issue with SHA-1 signatures.

Post by saurabhdua »

Hello Members!

The shown Warning/anomaly have started showing up all of a sudden with my Slimjet browser.

Iam on Version 10.0.11.0 (based on Chromium 50.0.2661.75) & is using the same over Win XP, SP3 OS.

The following issue is getting evident with Gmail, Google search interface....& probably with even more of the Google services!?

The actual Google Chrome on my machine vide version 49.0.2623.112 m is responding well & is not posing any such issue.

Please suggest on the probable cause & suggest corrective measures.

Thank you.

saurabhdua

Re: A sudden & an abrupt issue with SHA-1 signatures.

Post by saurabhdua »

Hello Dear Members!

I would request you all to please "acknowledge" the Highlighted concern & help suggest further on the same.

Thanks.

saurabhdua

Post by saurabhdua »

:roll: :roll: :?: :?:

Dear Members!

Please"Wake Up" & help reveal a Insight towards the shown trouble!

RBTB2605

Post by RBTB2605 »

If the "members" had an idea about this, then someone would have replied by now I think.

saurabhdua

Post by saurabhdua »

If members are clueless over the shown anomaly, I would request the venerated Author of the Slimjet to unveil the solution of the Highlighted issue.

Please "Compile" the feedback from the Win XP Users if their version is posing the similar troubles as well?

Help offer an impetus to my case & be forthcoming towards earnest replies!

saurabhdua

Post by saurabhdua »

Dear Author!

Please initiate an Online poll to collate the Inputs from Win XP Users, & find out if their Slimjet Browser has started inflicting issues associated to SHA-1 security standard too?

Help decipher a reliable FIX or bid an adieu to XP support through an Official missive.

Thanks.

dev

Post by dev »

To be fair friend most users like me that regularly post here and there are not many use windows 7 and up so don't get trouble with certificates really so you're not going to get a ton of replies. You would be far better pushing the issue through the author's facebook page or submitting a report using the online feedback http://www.slimjet.com/en/onlinefb.htm.

I would imagine the developers have noted your problem but if it's not a major problem for the masses it's going to be low on their things to do list.

saurabhdua

Post by saurabhdua »

Hello Folks!

I would like to present an 'Update' in context to this Observation. The stated issue has disappeared altogether upon making a transition to a new Internet Service provider. Could it be possible that the earlier ISP were in fact snooping on my activities?

Issue has disappeared as if it never originated at first place!?

Are there any explanations to this Vital observation?

dev

Post by dev »

saurabhdua wrote:Hello Folks!

I would like to present an 'Update' in context to this Observation. The stated issue has disappeared altogether upon making a transition to a new Internet Service provider. Could it be possible that the earlier ISP were in fact snooping on my activities?

Issue has disappeared as if it never originated at first place!?

Are there any explanations to this Vital observation?
All isp's know what you're doing unless you take measures like a vpn but i don't think they were snooping more like the site might have been on their block list or the sites have been caught up in the block list