Updates log me out of Yahoo every time

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
highstream

Updates log me out of Yahoo every time

Post by highstream »

Slimjet's updates have been very consistent in logging me out of Yahoo for quite some time. Lately, I've been using the offline installer, but this was the case even before that. Only browser of several - Opera new and old, Vivaldi, IE11, FF latest - that leads to that result. Is there something behind it that can be corrected?

Nordones

Re: Updates log me out of Yahoo every time

Post by Nordones »

Which version of SlimJet are you using? I too have Yahoo but with zero problems, using SlimJet v 10.0.11.0.
-N-

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

Go into settings under privacy and see if you have the choice selected to send websites a Do Not Track request. If so, uncheck that for a while and see if the behaviour changes.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

highstream

Post by highstream »

Thanks. I just turned off Do Not Track and will see next time.

One other thing that's been happening with the past few builds is Settings opens a new window instead of a new tab. Settings = new tab.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

highstream wrote:Thanks. I just turned off Do Not Track and will see next time.

One other thing that's been happening with the past few builds is Settings opens a new window instead of a new tab. Settings = new tab.
put this in your address bar and hit enter

chrome://flags

then scroll down to, "Show settings in a window", check the setting it may be set to open setting in new window. Even if not, this is the only way I know to change it so set the flag one way or another and shut down the browser. Then run it and go back and set the flag how you want it if the first change is not how.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

highstream

Post by highstream »

Thanks. It was set at default, which apparently means new window. I changed it to disabled and now it opens a new tab.