[Feature Request] Clear Browsing Data Improvement

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
dev

Re: [Feature Request] Clear Browsing Data Improvement

Post by dev »

josegimcam wrote:I don´t know anything about programming but I think the turbocharged download manager is appart from the normal download. So, this request could take some time. What I do: delete download items after download so there are no items there.
Its a simple thing to do really isn't it :) i use the default download but still clean as i go ..just habit i suppose

josegimcam

Post by josegimcam »

Without wishing to further discuss this point and it is my last statement on this subject, what I mean is that, it seems that Slimjet developers, separated one from the other, so while they study and decide whether they will include turbocharged download manager in clear data browsing there is no other way but to do it manually.

saurabhdua

Post by saurabhdua »

It is now only I have come to realize that the Developers at Slimjet have injected in a surreptitious caveat for the Browsing-data cleaning!

Refer to the attached pictorial description, & analyze the Highlighted section thoroughly.

They have exercised a 'Hands off' approach towards Turbo-charged Download manager data cleaning BECAUSE they wish to "monitor" our Downloads without exception..you see! :mrgreen:

dev

Post by dev »

Nothing to do with the developers that dialogue is in every version of chromium and has been there probably since day one of the birth of the open source chromium browser :roll:

RBTB2605

Post by RBTB2605 »

:) They wish to monitor our downloads ? Huh ?

saurabhdua

Post by saurabhdua »

I would then like to ask my Dear friends out there ...that how to override this caveat - the one Highlighted against the attached Screenshot?
If intends to pursue a thorough Cleaning while overriding the "Browsing Habits" associated caveat..how to accomplish the same? Which tool can be entrusted with that task?

Lets also offer a 'Joint Petition' to the Developers at Slimjet to please..please...please include the cleaning of Turbo-charged Download Manager through this Universal command >>> Ctrl+Shift+Del<<<

Lets do it! ;)

saurabhdua

Post by saurabhdua »

Hello Folks!

I would like to 'Bumpin' again to remind the Obligation on the part of the Dear Developer to not exclude the cleaning of Turbo-charged Download History via Ctrl+Shift+Del.

Version after Version...this aspect is getting neglected quite consistently!

Is this a deliberate neglect? Are the end Users out there have become Oblivious to 100s of entries lying dormant under Turbo-charged Download Manager?

Please Wake Up! you all & rally behind this Voice of thorough History cleaning via Universal command!

Does the issue redressal require a Change.org petition as well? Please advise? :lol:

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

Slimjet version 12.0.10.0 (12/1/16) change-log notes

• Fixed a bug with video codes.
• Automatically clean download manager history when cleaning browser history.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

saurabhdua

Post by saurabhdua »

Thank you very much!

I did come across the same through my daily scanning of New Software at Filehippo.com.

I have also conveyed my Heartfelt Thanks & Gratitude to the Author via Online Feedback form.

Users around of the Globe would be benefited with lower Latency & faster access times on account 0 redundant entries sitting within TCDM.

All the very Best!