[Feature Request] Clear Browsing Data Improvement

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
saurabhdua

[Feature Request] Clear Browsing Data Improvement

Post by saurabhdua »

Hello Members!

'Clear Browsing Data' invoked via Ctrl+Shift+Del is not able to clear the entries within Turbo-Charged Download Manager within Slimjet.

Although the 'Download History' is very much selected within the respective screen invoked via Ctrl+Shift+Del, it is not able to make an impact against the entries listed within TDM's interface.

This anomaly is proving contrary to 'Clearing the Browsing Data' & therefore must be encompassed for the forthcoming release.

Thanks.
Last edited by oftentired on Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Corrected Subject to Be within the Scope of the Original Post; 14 day sitcky for comments

saurabhdua

Re: Ctrl+Shift+Del proving ineffective towards TDM.

Post by saurabhdua »

Hello Members!

Iam still awaiting your valuable Inputs in regard to this Observation.

I would thus also request the Developer to take an immediate note of this anomaly & help facilitate the necessary improvements.

Thanks.

oftentired

Re: [Feature Request] Clear Browsing Data improvement

Post by oftentired »

I think the developers are aware of this, but I have not seen any posts for a while. This new request should serve as a reminder.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

saurabhdua

Re: [Feature Request] Clear Browsing Data Improvement

Post by saurabhdua »

I would again like to request the Dear Developer to please address the Highlighted issue as Users might be going unaware of 100s of entries lying redundant under the Turbo-Charged Download manager!

Ctrl+Shift+Del should be able to take care of the same & therefore necessary changes ought to be introduced soon.

Please help unleash an Oblivious cleaning experience for the end Users.

100s of redundant entries must be slowing down the overall performance of Slimjet in one way or another...!

Please do the needful asap.

Thanks.

saurabhdua

Post by saurabhdua »

Hello Dear Developer!

Iam still awaiting an acknowledgement & appraisal of this thread from your end..!?

Please Oblige.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

The developers rarely comment directly on a feature request. If they like the idea it goes on their to do list in the order that suits their needs. I have seen feature requests implemented in a few days and others 6 months after they have been made.

Nothing you say in a post here will change the choice they make or the process they use to handle feature requests.

To keep your request visible for comments from other users you can bump this thread every few days to push it back near the top.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

saurabhdua

Post by saurabhdua »

May we request the Dear Members to please rally behind this proposed improvement & transform - "Clear Browsing Data" in its letter & spirit !?

Ctrl+Shift+Delete aka 'Clear Browsing Data' should be able to clear up the entire entries showing up within - Turbo-Charged Download manager!

At present...these remain untouched & therefore continue to pile-up!

Lets kick-start a 'Forum march' to pitch in for a thorough Browsing data cleaning. :geek:

saurabhdua

Post by saurabhdua »

Iam shell-shocked with the Numbness of the Forum members & that of venerated Author! :( :cry:

"Stone Cold" is the best adjective which can describe my experience with this Forum! :cry:

josegimcam

Post by josegimcam »

I don´t know anything about programming but I think the turbocharged download manager is appart from the normal download. So, this request could take some time. What I do: delete download items after download so there are no items there.

saurabhdua

Post by saurabhdua »

Hello josegimcam!

The functioning of Turbo-charged Download manager cannot be made to insulate from the reach of Ctrl+Alt+Del aka "Clear Browsing History"!

Retention of these items (ref. attached) for an infinite period is in a pure contravention, & is altogether defeating the Objective of aforesaid privilege! & Right to Privacy!

Ignorant end-users caught up in oblivion mustn't be realizing that 100s of entries are lying redundant or showing up within Turbo-charged Download manager!

Please extend the reach of 'Ctrl+Alt+Del' & help invade into the territories of Turbo-charged Download manager with an immediate effect.

Dear venerated Author!...Please be all ears to this fundamental requirement! Why make us undertake 2 separate tasks when only 'Ctrl+Shift+Del' is essentially designated for the it!??

Thanks.