Compact theme?

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
danielson

Compact theme?

Post by danielson »

Silly question, but hey!

Do you think Flashpeak will ever make an option to have a compact theme or small toolbars for Slimjet?

slimchrome

Re: Compact theme?

Post by slimchrome »

From https://productforums.google.com/forum/ Huge font in Chrome 37

Hi, Chrome just updated itself (version 37 now) and all the fonts are shot to hell. When I use my usual zoom, they are huge. Using 100% zoom, they are still too large in some places, too small in others. Changing font size in settings does not help much. Fonts are not only wrong size, they look terrible as well. Chrome is basically unusable now. What should I do?
---------------------------
Chrome 37 with DirectWrite support for Windows now respects Windows DPI scaling. (Previous Chrome versions did not scale itself, so the OS would perform automatic scaling.)
In Chrome 37, you should get one of three things now:
- at 100% DPI scaling, everything should look just the way it used to
- at 125% DPI scaling, icons, buttons, and non-textual stuff will now be slightly larger than it used to be
- at scales above 125%, both the fonts and the graphical elements will be proportionally larger

This is the expected behavior for Chrome 37 on Windows with custom DPI settings.
--------------------------
Go to your Chrome shortcut's properties (right click Chrome icon, go to Properties). Then in the "Target:" field, add
/high-dpi-support=1 /force-device-scale-factor=1
right after the closing quotation marks currently in that field. Make sure there's a space right after the closing quotation before you input the new text.
Click Apply , Restart Chrome.
Unpin Chrome from the task bar before you do this then repin