Help Slimjet Grow

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
Anonymosity

Re: Help Slimjet Grow

Post by Anonymosity »

I cannot set up a Gizmo account to post comments because Gizmo did not like my email address for some reason.
Dragon City seems to be about Android, an operating system that I do not use.
Since I use MacOS rather than Windows, I decided to contact Macworld.
I sent a message of recommendation to CHIP.
I also recommended Slimjet to someone on an Opera forum, since I think it out-performs Opera. Recently, Opera has become almost glacial in some of its performances.

Whiteleg

Post by Whiteleg »

I have been promoting Slimjet on my Insta profiles,some of my friends already in our team)

Chafleet
Location: https://mini-militia.com/mini-militia-m ... d-version/

Post by Chafleet »

The simplest and easiest way is that you have to share it on social media platforms because nowadays these platforms are so popular and most of the whole world is using these platforms and you can also use this FMWhatsApp as second WhatsApp to promote slimjet fast.

litara3111

Post by litara3111 »

Chafleet wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:18 am
The simplest and easiest way is that you have to share it on social media platforms because nowadays these platforms are so popular and most of the whole world is using these platforms and you can also use this WhatsApp as second WhatsApp to promote slimjet fast.
I have also shared it on my fb page

JustJD82

Post by JustJD82 »

I think one way to get attention is, to look cool. The video wall paper is cool. I was able to use a small clip I made.

The buttons are just not cool .It needs a theme, that looks somewhat modern, but cool unique Icons for buttons.
Because right now, looks like 1989 buttons from a obscure office company.
Icons buttons should be somewhat glossy geometric shape. Chevrons Diamonds, and Squares. Gear could be like a combo of circular chevrons, sharp aggressive edges. Working in subtle shape or figure of a JET along side or edge of shaped buttons . Home button should be image of JET.
Make those buttons animated with glossy shine. Subtle.

I'd rename the browser to JET. Not the world slim. Change Icon to Modern fighter Jet with same blue colors.
But No globe image.

People can make blog posts , but you gotta give us reasons to make articles about it. Need more key talking points and improve browser visual appearance to be cool.

Mr_Electro84

Post by Mr_Electro84 »

JustJD82 wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:48 pm
I think one way to get attention is, to look cool. The video wall paper is cool. I was able to use a small clip I made.

The buttons are just not cool .It needs a theme, that looks somewhat modern, but cool unique Icons for buttons.
Because right now, looks like 1989 buttons from a obscure office company.
Icons buttons should be somewhat glossy geometric shape. Chevrons Diamonds, and Squares. Gear could be like a combo of circular chevrons, sharp aggressive edges. Working in subtle shape or figure of a JET along side or edge of shaped buttons . Home button should be image of JET.
Make those buttons animated with glossy shine. Subtle.

I'd rename the browser to JET. Not the world slim. Change Icon to Modern fighter Jet with same blue colors.
But No globe image.

People can make blog posts , but you gotta give us reasons to make articles about it. Need more key talking points and improve browser visual appearance to be cool.
Hello,

You should know that the icons have already undergone a facelift, before they were colored with different colors (which posed problems of consistency in design), at the limit I would be just for the icons to pass in flat design (including the removal of reflections).

Renaming Slimjet to Jet, I don't agree, because the name is too generic in my opinion, also the word Slim reminds the lightness of the browser by a low consumption (compared to Google Chrome) of resources.

On the other hand there is a point on which I agree it is to change the visual identity of Slimjet which I find is old and too detailed.
By the way, I'm going to make my own version of the logo, (which I'll present to you on this forum) and if you agree, I'll send it to the browser developers!

Thanks for reading the message
Mr_Electro84 - From France
Bonne année ! - Happy new year !
Windows 11 - Slimjet 42 (64 bit)

JustJD82

Post by JustJD82 »

Perhaps I too, will make a sketch of new logos.

Mr_Electro84

Post by Mr_Electro84 »

Here is a small preview of my version of the Slimjet logo:

I would like to have your opinion on it :)
Mr_Electro84 - From France
Bonne année ! - Happy new year !
Windows 11 - Slimjet 42 (64 bit)

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Mr_Electro84 wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:51 pm
I would like to have your opinion on it :)
I like it. 8-)

JustJD82

Post by JustJD82 »

vast improvement .but not quite there yet in my opinion.