How do I upgrade from 10 to 11?

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
donaldduck

How do I upgrade from 10 to 11?

Post by donaldduck »

I have Version 10.0.1.0 now. Win 7 64 bit. When I go to Help Center > Check for updates it shows 11.0,2,0 is available. I click yes and watch it download...and then nothing happens! Where did the download go? I still have the v.10.

cwm4bama

Re: How do I upgrade from 10 to 11?

Post by cwm4bama »

Well, don't know how long you waited for installation after the download, but when it goes through the unpack and install process it takes a while, and then it should ask you if you want to close Slimjet to finish the installation...if you don't give it permission to close Slimjet then the final installation will not take place...

donaldduck

Post by donaldduck »

cwm4bama wrote:Well, don't know how long you waited for installation after the download, but when it goes through the unpack and install process it takes a while, and then it should ask you if you want to close Slimjet to finish the installation...if you don't give it permission to close Slimjet then the final installation will not take place...

Nope, that doesn't happen. That's what normally happens when I download something, but that's not what happens here. I watch it download and then nothing.

donaldduck

Post by donaldduck »

I just tried it again, for the fourth time - updating to 11.0.2.0 - no big deal because I have a high speed connection - and for the first time the download actually showed up in my downloads -

sjtwebsetup_x86 (1).exe
file:///C:/Users/x/Downloads/sjtwebsetup_x86.exe

and then I ran through it in the usual manner OK'g this n' that - installing it - and it installed - and what do I have now? I still have the same version I started with, 10.0.1.0!

Version 10.0.1.0 (based on Chromium 50.0.2661.75 (64-bit))

Could it possibly be because I have 64 bit and the update is only for 32 bit?

RBTB2605

Post by RBTB2605 »

I do not do the internal updating. I wait until I am notified that a new version is out and then I go and download the full version and install it over what I have.

64bit full version is here :

http://www.slimjet.com/en/dlpage_win64.php

Look for the link in this sentence: "If you have trouble with the web installer, you can get the offline installer ( 44.02MB) here...... "

donaldduck

Post by donaldduck »

Reading the blurb there on the 64 bit, why bother? I'll do like you do and wait for them to come to me. It's not like there's any improvements that interest me anyway, like a better way to save new bookmarks.

RBTB2605

Post by RBTB2605 »

I misread your post and assumed that you were running Slimjet 64bit version. Just do as you like. I am only stating what I do when i see that a new version is available. I download the full version and then install over the top of what i have. It is simple and it is easy. In regard to any improvements in the bookmarks panel, I have given up on that and I accept Slimjet the way it is.

donaldduck

Post by donaldduck »

RBTB2605 wrote:I misread your post and assumed that you were running Slimjet 64bit version. Just do as you like. I am only stating what I do when i see that a new version is available. I download the full version and then install over the top of what i have. It is simple and it is easy. In regard to any improvements in the bookmarks panel, I have given up on that and I accept Slimjet the way it is.

How do you do it?

I tried that too. I went to

http://www.slimjet.com/en/dlpage.php

and downloaded this

Slimjet Web Browser Download (What's New)

slimjet for windows Windows Version (32 bit)

Stable Release ( 11.0.2.0 )

over the top of what I have....and then I still have version 10!

OK, I just tried that a second time. I went to the Slimjet website and downloaded v. 11 again, over my previous version, and it downloaded and said it was deleting the v. 10. And then when Slimjet opened up...I still have v.10...

But hey there was some progress this time! I now have v. 10.0.8.0 instead of 10.0.1.0

And what does it mean when it says 32 bit version? My comp. is 64. Where is the Slimjet 64 bit version? Maybe that's the problem.

I don't recall ever having much trouble updating other browsers.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

I have suggestion

• manually delete (or archive) any *Slimjet*.exe files in your download folder

• manually uninstall Slimjet from your system (look for both a 32 and 64 bit installation and remove both)

• manually install using this link:

Win 32 Slimjet Installation File

Note: the developer recommends 32 bit for Windows operating systems even if you have 64 bit system

If you still prefer 64 bit over 32 use this link for the install file instead of the link above

Windows 64 Slimjet installation File
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

donaldduck

Post by donaldduck »

That's a good idea, Often, but won't I lose everything I've saved on Slimjet if I delete it all, like formatting and passwords?