class not registered

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
oldpervcanada

class not registered

Post by oldpervcanada »

After installation of SlimJet, everything works fine so long as I start the program from the folder in which the program lives. If I try to pin a shortcut to the taskbar or to the desktop, when I click on the icon, I get the message "class not recognized." I did a little research and found one suggestion that partially worked: after deleting all of the registry entries for SlimJet, the program would open from the link, but then if I closed and tried to reopen, the same issue would arise and the registry was recreated, apparently still with the same entries which were causing the problem. From what I understand, it seems to be the DelegateExecute Value which is the culprit. Is this a bug in the program? Is there a solution? It's obviously annoying not being able to use a shortcut to open the program! By the way, there are three different open commands in the registry for SlimJet and for SlimJetHTM. Is that the issue?

Any help would be much appreciated.

jeffhere

Re: class not registered

Post by jeffhere »

What OS you using? How did you install it (through the setup exe, the zip file, etc?)?

I have W7 Pro 64bit, no problems here relating to your issue. I can create shortcuts, etc.

Also, is slimjet the default browser? And did you try the 'fix registry settings' in the slimjet settings?
Capture.GIF

oldpervcanada

Post by oldpervcanada »

I'm running Win 8.1 and installed using the .exe version. I tried both the portable version and the regular version but got the same results both ways. The resetting of the registry as you suggested did not make any difference.
I just noticed a debug log which exists and found this in it:

[0929/112743:ERROR:client_util.cc(327)] Could not find exported function RelaunchChromeBrowserWithNewCommandLineIfNeeded
[0929/132752:ERROR:client_util.cc(327)] Could not find exported function RelaunchChromeBrowserWithNewCommandLineIfNeeded

Does this help at all?

oldpervcanada

Post by oldpervcanada »

something else that is also happening - clicking on links in emails which would normally open the browser gives absolutely no response.

I am going to try resetting the original chrome as my default browser to see if I have the same issues.

Stand by. :-)

oldpervcanada

Post by oldpervcanada »

well, I'm getting closer, I think. I tried Chrome and had the same difficulties. I did the same with Firefox and everything worked perfectly. Seems to be related to Chrome and SlimJet so I will try reinstalling both.

oldpervcanada

Post by oldpervcanada »

Removed Chrome and SlimJet including registry entries, then ran SlimJet again. Problem returned. Will now try reinstalling Chrome without SlimJet.

oldpervcanada

Post by oldpervcanada »

OK I just got rid of SlimJet, reinstalled Chrome and all works perfectly. Pretty clear it is a SlimJet issue. Will be pretty unhappy if there is no solution because I was really loving SlimJet.

LimboSlam

Post by LimboSlam »

Try CCleaner, use there register cleaner and Slimjet should be back to normal.

Link: http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

dev

Post by dev »

oldpervcanada wrote:I'm running Win 8.1 and installed using the .exe version. I tried both the portable version and the regular version but got the same results both ways. The resetting of the registry as you suggested did not make any difference.
I just noticed a debug log which exists and found this in it:

[0929/112743:ERROR:client_util.cc(327)] Could not find exported function RelaunchChromeBrowserWithNewCommandLineIfNeeded
[0929/132752:ERROR:client_util.cc(327)] Could not find exported function RelaunchChromeBrowserWithNewCommandLineIfNeeded

Does this help at all?
Uninstall all versions of slimjet and chrome then install just slimjet and see if that works.

oldpervcanada

Post by oldpervcanada »

Read previous posts and you will note that I already tried the suggestions made by dev and limboslam. There does not seem to be a solution!