class not registered

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
flashpeak
Site Admin

Re: class not registered

Post by flashpeak »

Have you tried setting the working directory on the shortcut to be the installation folder of Slimjet? You can right click on the shortcut and edit its properties. On the properties dialog, you can set its working directory.

I haven't been able to produce the same issue on my windows 8 virtual machine.

Are you using Slimjet in desktop mode or the Windows 8 touch mode? If you set Slimjet as the default browser, does it make any difference?
oldpervcanada wrote:After installation of SlimJet, everything works fine so long as I start the program from the folder in which the program lives. If I try to pin a shortcut to the taskbar or to the desktop, when I click on the icon, I get the message "class not recognized." I did a little research and found one suggestion that partially worked: after deleting all of the registry entries for SlimJet, the program would open from the link, but then if I closed and tried to reopen, the same issue would arise and the registry was recreated, apparently still with the same entries which were causing the problem. From what I understand, it seems to be the DelegateExecute Value which is the culprit. Is this a bug in the program? Is there a solution? It's obviously annoying not being able to use a shortcut to open the program! By the way, there are three different open commands in the registry for SlimJet and for SlimJetHTM. Is that the issue?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

oldpervcanada

Post by oldpervcanada »

Good news! After running sfc and again doing some registry cleaning, by some miracle, I got slimjet to run properly. Hope it stays this way because I love it!

Thanks for all the input guys.

dev

Post by dev »

oldpervcanada wrote:Good news! After running sfc and again doing some registry cleaning, by some miracle, I got slimjet to run properly. Hope it stays this way because I love it!

Thanks for all the input guys.
Nice one, fingers crossed it stays that way.