Any way to increase the number for predictions in dropdown

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
ontherocks

Any way to increase the number for predictions in dropdown

Post by ontherocks »

Is there any way to increase the number of dropdown suggestions from predictions in the address bar?
Right now it is limited to three.

I have predictions enabled only for bookmarks. And I have bookmarks with the same text multiple number of times, for e.g.
ABCD_1
ABCD_2
ABCD_3
ABCD_4
ABCD_5
ABCD_6

If I type ABCD in addressbar, it shows only three of them in the dropdown.

dev

Re: Any way to increase the number for predictions in dropdo

Post by dev »

not 100% sure but settings / omnibox / maximum number of items shown in the suggestion list

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

dev wrote:not 100% sure but settings / omnibox / maximum number of items shown in the suggestion list
I think your right. I have mine set at 6 and I get 6 suggestions.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

ontherocks

Post by ontherocks »

dev wrote:not 100% sure but settings / omnibox / maximum number of items shown in the suggestion list
This setting is not getting saved. The default is 5. If I change it to any number, on close and reopen of browser, it resets to 5 :(

How does the prediction thing work in the context of bookmarks?
Is it the Title of the bookmark that's matched? or is it the url of the bookmark that's matched? Or is it both? From the predictions it displays, it seems it tries to match from both. But then it behaves weirdly in my case.
Say, I have the following in the title of my bookmarks

ABCD_1
ABCD_2
ABCD_3
ABCD_4
ABCD_5
ABCD_6
EFGH_1
EFGH_1
EFGH_1
EFGH_1
EFGH_1
EFGH_1

If I type ABCD, it would show 3 predictions may be and if I type EFGH, it would show 4 predictions. And this behavior is consistent with each word. So there is definitely some logic of matching which I do not understand.

To reproduce the issue, open 9 random webpages and Bookmark them titled abcd1, abcd2, abcd3, so on to abcd9.
Now with prediction service set to OFF and all browser history cleared, type "abcd" in omnibar. How many predictions do you see in drop down?

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

I have my own bookmarks to test with which I use constantly. They do not show up at all in the predictions with my bookmark names. I only get web addresses and I only use the predictions for web addresses I have never used it for bookmark names as I believe it only works with web addresses. When I type in the name of a bookmark I get nothing but web addresses.

I'm not going to delete my web history. I rather like having it when I'm typing in a web address.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

dev

Post by dev »

this is why i wasn't sure on the setting as its bookmarks and the user is not using a url , can you not set them with the short alias settings so fb = facebook or case in point abcd = bookmarks then try the omnibox / maximum number of items shown in the suggestion list ?? (probably what you are doing thinking about it )