Links in e-Mails not Working.

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
ThePillenwerfer

Links in e-Mails not Working.

Post by ThePillenwerfer »

I'm a new user of Jetslim and am thus far impressed.

However, I've found that if I click a link in an e-mail, including that in my Activation e-mail for this forum, instead of it opening in Jetslim I get this error box:—
Capture.JPG
Clicking 'Yes' does nothing except remove the box.

Is this a bug or a configuration error on my part?

I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium, 32-bit and the e-mail client is Windows Mail 6.

— Joe

RBTB2605

Re: Links in e-Mails not Working.

Post by RBTB2605 »

I think that you meant Slimjet.

Links in my e mails open Slimjet just fine. I am using the latest beta version of Mozilla Thunderbird for my e mail client. So I am not sure what is causing this misbehavior for you.

cwm4bama

Post by cwm4bama »

I also use Vista-32 Home edition and use the Windows Mail client that came with the system and have no problems clicking an email link and Slimjet responding correctly...do you have Slimjet set as the default browser??

ThePillenwerfer

Sorry about muddling the name.

Slimjet is set as the default browser; that was the first thing I checked.

I've also discovered that the same thing happens if I click a link in a PDF file when viewing it in Foxit.

cwm4bama

Post by cwm4bama »

OK, I think the first thing I'd try is to temporarily set another browser as your default, make no other changes, and see if that resolves the issue. Always reboot after making any changes, you can also easily reset Slimjet back as your default browser when your test is complete.

The next thing I'd check is how your system file associations are assigned to what programs.

ThePillenwerfer

Thanks for the advice.

I've managed to sort it out, but am not sure how. I rang SFC /SCANNOW, which didn't find any errors but things worked fine afterwards.

At least I know if it plays up again that the fault is on my system. I didn't want to spend ages messing around only to find it was an undocumented feature which won't be included in future releases. ;)