[Feature Request] Tooltips on/off option (checkbox)

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
The Red Zone

[Feature Request] Tooltips on/off option (checkbox)

Post by The Red Zone »

The tooltips that popup when your cursor hovers over a bookmark are annoying to me, but other people may find that feature useful. So, it would be great if there was an option (checkbox) to turn this feature off.

Thanks.

dev

Re: [Feature Request] Tooltips on/off option (checkbox)

Post by dev »

Do you mean the url of the website that the bookmark directs too? If so right click on the bookmark (show only icon should be ticked) click edit and edit what you need to. If you meant the toolbar buttons, refresh etc then that's up to the developers to sort out.

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

It is the first time I heard about such a request. If more people are voicing the same request, we can consider add it.
The Red Zone wrote:The tooltips that popup when your cursor hovers over a bookmark are annoying to me, but other people may find that feature useful. So, it would be great if there was an option (checkbox) to turn this feature off.

Thanks.
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

jeffhere

Post by jeffhere »

do you mean in the bookmark manager? or the bookmark bar? or something else? There are a few places the tool-tips could be

I don't find it bothersome but fully believe in user customization so would agree it could be set as an on/off option if enough demand.

The Red Zone

Post by The Red Zone »

dev

Post by dev »

You cannot hide or disable them in chrome itself, you could reduce the amount of text by having the icons only showing. I can see yours really stick out as you have a dark theme as mine don't really catch my eye as my theme is lighter so a option to disable them would be good if it could be implemented.

The Red Zone

Post by The Red Zone »

dev wrote:You cannot hide or disable them in chrome itself.../...option to disable them would be good if it could be implemented.
I'm really impressed about how customizable Slimjet is, so this is just one of those "It never hurts to ask" requests.

On a side note, I read through the FAQ on the Slimjet homepage and I'm looking forward to the day Slimjet is available for Linux. :)

dev

Post by dev »

The Red Zone wrote:
dev wrote:You cannot hide or disable them in chrome itself.../...option to disable them would be good if it could be implemented.
I'm really impressed about how customizable Slimjet is, so this is just one of those "It never hurts to ask" requests.

On a side note, I read through the FAQ on the Slimjet homepage and I'm looking forward to the day Slimjet is available for Linux. :)
Totally agree, the more options that are available the better a product is :)

paul1149

Post by paul1149 »

Linux would be nice. With no more patches for XP, I think older computers will be switched to Linux. I am doing so to a netbook right now, rather than fight MS's licensing. I'm using ubuntu, where Firefox is default and Chromium is available.