Auto update function

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
Curse127

Auto update function

Post by Curse127 »

Hello. I recently came across your new product, and it is I do what pleases me, but I have some questions.
As you may have guessed. I am very confused by the lack of auto-update your browser. Perhaps should even be appropriate to make paras in the program to be updated manually, but from the program interface. Will realized that something in this direction in the future?

Well, of course I'm worried about the fact that now a lot of browsers clones chromium. Each of them is that it may, but they are distinguished one feature. They are using outdated version of chrome that just behind. Hopefully slimjet will use actual update its foundation.

Separate thanks go to you for the quick release x64 version. Thanks!

I'm from Russia, and I'm using Google Translate. Sorry for bad english. :oops:

dev

Re: Auto update function

Post by dev »

Slimjet is pretty much in line with the chrome stable release, there is nothing to worry about not being secure when using slimjet.

Update settings are found in the settings menu, scroll down click to the bottom then click Show advanced settings... then scroll down to Update settings and alter what you want to there, that's if you didn't already know this of course.

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

I think Curse127 is talking about automatic update installation in the background. There are actually some users who hate the mandatory automatic update imposed by Chrome. Therefore, we leave the actual updating process as a manual step by the user.

In the future, we might add auto-background-update as an option for users who prefer it done that way.
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

LimboSlam

Post by LimboSlam »

I vote yes on the auto update. At least an option to do say.