Mouse problem with slimjet version 13

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
ebromanel

Mouse problem with slimjet version 13

Post by ebromanel »

Hello,
I am writing to tell you that I have installed the latest versions of Slimjet but the problem of the mouse continues.
The problem comes when I select a text and then it will not let me deselect.
For example, on this website:
http://www.todocoleccion.net/arte-pintu ... ~x68232449

When I select a text from a web page it works correctly. The problem comes when I want to deselect the text (remove the selection). I find it very difficult. I click on the white area of the web but the text is still selected in blue ...

I send you a photograph so you can see it. Look at the attached photo.

This problem that does not let Unselect (does not let remove the selection of the text once selected) only happens are version 13 of slimjet.
I have uninstalled version 13 and reinstalled version 12 of slimjet. With version 12 the mouse works correctly !!
I have the drivers of my mouse updated and windows update also updated.
I have tried to access the same website:
http://www.todocoleccion.net/arte-pintu ... ~x68232449

With different internet browsers (Internet Explorer, Opera) and I have tried to select the text and deselect. With these browsers the mouse works correctly (same as the version 12 of slimjet).
Therefore, it is ruled out that this is a problem of my mouse.
It is some conflict of version 13.
I recorded this video, 2 minutes:
https://vimeo.com/209583802
You can see that I select the text of a web page and then I have problems to delete the selection , the mouse have a problem...

Does anyone have the same problem with the mouse? Anyone know any solutions? Thank you.

oftentired

Re: Mouse problem with slimjet version 13

Post by oftentired »

I notice in the video that you have a mouse location graphic, if you did not install the program that does that just for the video, you should uninstall that and see if the mouse behaviour changes.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

Also, you can easily work-a-round this problem by pressing Ctrl+M or using the right click menu on the tab and clicking Duplicate. This should resolve the issue for an open tab with this problem by opening the same page to a new tab without the highlight.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

ebromanel

Post by ebromanel »

Hello OFTENTIRED:
You do not understand anything I've explained.
I see you have not understood anything !!
That video does not pay attention, that comes out when recording ...
Those yellow circles of the mouse is a special effect of the program that I used to record the video.
My level of English is very low and I find it quite difficult to talk here ...
In short, my mouse worked properly until the version 13 of slimjet came out.
Now with version 13 I have problems with the mouse when selecting texts and want to delete the selection ...

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

Temporary Fix, press Ctrl + M to create a duplicate tab

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

ebromanel

Post by ebromanel »

I think you can not read ...
I want to cry...
What does that have to do with what you say (ctrl M) with my mouse problem ??
It has nothing to do with it!!!

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

I understand exactly what your saying. Now I will say what I'm saying as best I can.

This problem appears to be a bug introduced by the chromium 55 upgrade when the Chromium project people added something called "pointer events" to the program code.

Work-a-round = what you can do until the problem is fixed.

Ctrl+M will give you a fresh page of the same content without the highlight. This is something you can do temporarily until the problem is fixed.

I do not know if Slimjet developer Flashpeak will attempt to fix this or wait for chrome to update with a fix. Until it is fixed you can "work-a-round" the problem by pressing Ctrl+M for a new page without the highlight.

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Xenoriae

Post by Xenoriae »

Try to provide a solution and the person tells you that you don't understand and want to cry...lol

slimjetuser55

Post by slimjetuser55 »

I have the same problem but find the solution to click somewhere out of the text-field to deselect.So as you show in your video you should click before or after the thin line that is before and behind the text.
Also if you click on a previous text-line out of the selected text most of the times you deselect your selected text.
I hope this is helpful,my English is also not perfect but I try to make myself understandable .