Slimjet 5.0.0.0 Beta Released

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
oftentired

Post by oftentired »

Beta Warning: This is a Beta version not yet considered stable for full public release. If you want to preserve a known working installation of Slimjet and only test Slimjet 5.0.x.x Beta you can download the portable version so that you can run it in parallel with v4 without having them interfering with each other. This will also save you the hassle of uninstalling the non-portable Beta and re-installing v4 which can be problematic.

Slimjet 5.0.3.0 Released

• Fix bugs with built-in ad blocker and popup blocker

Slimjet 5.0.2.0 Released

• Fix some bugs in ad blocker
• Fix a bug in popup blocker

Slimjet 5.0.1.0 Released

• no details

• Migrated to Chromium 44
• Added built-in ad blocker (accessible from "Ad Blocker" under the main menu or the corresponding toolbar button)
• Added turbocharged download manager which uses parallel connections to boost file download speeds up to 12x
(Select "Turbocharged download" from the context menu when you right click on a link. The turbocharged download manager is accessible by clicking the Gear Menu Icon near the upper right of the browser window and scrolling down to More Tools)

BillLite

Re: Slimjet 5.0.0.0 Beta Released

Post by BillLite »

Will 5.0.0.0 when released still have NPAPI plugin support?

onedayweback

congratulation Slimjet 5.0.0.0 Beta Released

Post by onedayweback »

Dear Slimjet

congratulation THE new version 5x ~: )

-Now opening Yahoo mail site do not take a lot of Ram like version 4.x.
-Faster startup speed
-"search google for this image" in right click (i like this new function)
-Turbo download seem very good!
*but i can not change defaut thread = 8 (best speed 4 me)
*i am very happy to see the "replace the original download" option ~: )
*bug: +right click on a download link & use Turbo download -> Turbo download process auto set thread to : 1 => very slow speed
+ download process about 50% with good speed, then IDM show asking for download job window, i say no, then the Turbo download turn to slow speed (maybe it can not get the thread are captured by the IDM)
(i am testing with download SlimJet 4x from softpedia.com -http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/B ... mjet.shtml)
*the sadness is these 2 hidden connections still working :
redirector.gvt1.com
cache.pack.google.com

The new version is very good, thanks for all your hard working, dev team !

flashpeak
Site Admin

Re: congratulation Slimjet 5.0.0.0 Beta Released

Post by flashpeak »

The image search has been there for a while.
I believe the default number of threads should be 5. But for some servers multiple connections are not supported. If that is the case, we will set it to 1. But I will add an option so that you can change the default number of threads.

I will look into the cause of the hidden connections when we get time to breathe. It probably comes from the original Chromium project code base.
onedayweback wrote:Dear Slimjet

congratulation THE new version 5x ~: )

-Now opening Yahoo mail site do not take a lot of Ram like version 4.x.
-Faster startup speed
-"search google for this image" in right click (i like this new function)
-Turbo download seem very good!
*but i can not change defaut thread = 8 (best speed 4 me)
*i am very happy to see the "replace the original download" option ~: )
*bug: +right click on a download link & use Turbo download -> Turbo download process auto set thread to : 1 => very slow speed
+ download process about 50% with good speed, then IDM show asking for download job window, i say no, then the Turbo download turn to slow speed (maybe it can not get the thread are captured by the IDM)
(i am testing with download SlimJet 4x from softpedia.com -http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/B ... mjet.shtml)
*the sadness is these 2 hidden connections still working :
redirector.gvt1.com
cache.pack.google.com

The new version is very good, thanks for all your hard working, dev team !
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.