Search option does not work!

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
Edmundzed

Search option does not work!

Post by Edmundzed »

Searching for items always returns :

The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: video download.
You must specify at least one word to search for. Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards.

No matter what term are searched for.

Edmund

oftentired

Re: Search option does not work!

Post by oftentired »

Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. This is an issue with the forum search and not Slimjet itself. The Flashpeak people are aware of it.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Edmundzed

Post by Edmundzed »

OK but they better fix or remove this search option then.
I have seen similar problems in one or two other forums, it is confusing to have a none working search option
and it will make a mess with multiple posts on different places of one and the same topic.
Could not even find where this posting from myself has gone and only could find it by "View your own posts"

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

I don't think they are going to fix this. It is an issue with the phpBB software. However, your question reminds me of this issue and when I have time I'll make a new post addressing options that can be used instead of the phpBB built in search.

You initially posted this thread in the Slimjet Bug Report section. I moved it. Sorry about the trouble finding it.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11