Not specifically Slimjet, but may be relevant going forward.

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
Passenger

Not specifically Slimjet, but may be relevant going forward.

Post by Passenger » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:23 am

Google reveals new schedule for 'phasing out support for Chrome Apps across all operating systems'
https://www.theregister.co.uk/2020/01/1 ... g_systems/

What the headline says.
OS -- Windows 7
Slimjet 25.0.6.0
Native ad blocker disabled
Extensions: NoScript, AdBlock Plus, YouTube No Buffer, Reader View

Tweakerz

Re: Not specifically Slimjet, but may be relevant going forward.

Post by Tweakerz » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:58 pm

I think, make that I hope this is specific to Chrome only... in which case I don't really care since the backend of browsers built on Chromium will have whatever the makers of the browser decide on. In this case, it seems like Google (that makes Chrome) will remove things but that doesn't mean all others that also use Chromium will do the same.

Maybe I am misreading this all wrong or maybe you were thinking of this to mean Chromium when you read about Chrome? They are different but often confused so I feel like maybe that is the case here?

oftentired

Post by oftentired » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:54 am

This does not effect chrome extensions. So... I don't see it having an impact on Slimjet. Or did I miss something?
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

Running 32 Bit SJ on Win 7 Pro

Tweakerz

Post by Tweakerz » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:10 am

oftentired wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:54 am
This does not effect chrome extensions. So... I don't see it having an impact on Slimjet. Or did I miss something?
Seems right, looks like Chrome Apps, not Chrome Extensions which differ.

"Another major difference between Chrome extensions and web apps is the fact that while extensions are used to enhance the functionality of the Chrome Browser, web apps run within the browser having a different user interface. Unlike web applications, extensions have little or sometimes no UI component"
From: http://www.chromeplugins.org/extensions ... ifference/