Slimjet freezes every time from one tab to another tab

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
davidnoon

Slimjet freezes every time from one tab to another tab

Post by davidnoon »

Hi,
Slimjet 42.0.3 always freezeing when I switch from one tab to another tab, every time.
It sluggish the browser drastically.
Need to fix this, thanks.

oftentired

Re: Slimjet freezes every time from one tab to another tab

Post by oftentired »

version 43.01 is available. I suggest installing that and see if the problem persists.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

davidnoon

Post by davidnoon »

oftentired wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 7:40 am
version 43.01 is available. I suggest installing that and see if the problem persists.
Thank you.
I'm using the portable version. How can I save my profile, could I copy this folder to paste into the last update version ?

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

For portable all the data and settings are stored under the "User Data" within the extraction folder. Save a copy of that. Then run the portable installer. If your profile is wiped you can restore it by copying your copy of User Data back to that folder in the installation extraction folder.

On the Slimjet download website it has this note. "NOTE: If you are upgrading from a previous version of Slimjet portable, extract the new version into the same folder as the previous version to pick up the existing settings."
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

davidnoon

Post by davidnoon »

Thank you so much ! ;)
I will try this last version for this freezing issue and will let you know.

davidnoon

Post by davidnoon »

On today, I couldn't launch Slimjet, I had an error message.

The application failed to start because its side-by-side configuration failed to start. Consult the event log or the sxtrace.exe command line

This is the content from debug_log file :
[0502/031748.125:ERROR:registration_protocol_win.cc(135)] TransactNamedPipe: Le canal de communication a été fermé. (0x6D)
[0512/114416.674:ERROR:crashpad_client_win.cc(547)] CreateProcess: L’application n’a pas pu démarrer car sa configuration côte-à-côte est incorrecte. Pour plus d’informations, consultez le journal des événements des applications ou utilisez l’outil de ligne de commande sxstrace.exe. (0x36B1)
[0512/114432.417:ERROR:crashpad_client_win.cc(144)] crash server failed to launch, self-terminating

I reinstalled again the latest portable version. I suppose that on tomorrow I will have the same issue.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

davidnoon wrote:
Sun May 12, 2024 4:14 am
On today, I couldn't launch Slimjet, I had an error message.

The application failed to start because its side-by-side configuration failed to start. Consult the event log or the sxtrace.exe command line

This is the content from debug_log file :
[0502/031748.125:ERROR:registration_protocol_win.cc(135)] TransactNamedPipe: Le canal de communication a été fermé. (0x6D)
[0512/114416.674:ERROR:crashpad_client_win.cc(547)] CreateProcess: L’application n’a pas pu démarrer car sa configuration côte-à-côte est incorrecte. Pour plus d’informations, consultez le journal des événements des applications ou utilisez l’outil de ligne de commande sxstrace.exe. (0x36B1)
[0512/114432.417:ERROR:crashpad_client_win.cc(144)] crash server failed to launch, self-terminating

I reinstalled again the latest portable version. I suppose that on tomorrow I will have the same issue.
This is a new problem it should be in a new Topic. Also, this is something to report using the Online feedback webpage.
https://www.slimjet.com/en/onlinefb.htm

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

davidnoon

Post by davidnoon »

Dear,
Again I had to extract it but this time I extract the 42 old version I had.
Which is the most stable version, on 64 bits ?

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

I would say 42 since 43 was just released.

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

davidnoon

Post by davidnoon »

42 version is buggy for me, that was the reason I open this topic here