Default magnification and default browser question

Asking questions regarding how to use Slimjet.
toonalook

Default magnification and default browser question

Post by toonalook »

Hi,
A [potentially?] great browser that can be set for minimal toolbar view.
I have a few annoying problems though that hopefully can be sorted out, as major settings that can't be changed usually means "goodbye to that almost great browser" for most users : )

1. I also use Pale Moon (x64) browser set as my default and I want to re-set it as default. Slimjet will not let me do so when I try to set PM as default. I don't like that chrome style aggression, so how do I disable it as default as there is no option to do so in 'settings" ? Do I have to uninstall slimjet and re-install without "set as default" ticked?

2. The default 100% view must have been coded for 800x600 resolution (who uses that res. nowadays?), as on my "average" 1920x1200 screen Slimjet default 100% is so tiny I can bearly read web pages!
Sure, I can use the magnification "+" to increase the site page size, but that's about 3 clicks on "+" every time I go to a google site or new page. How do I set the default size to 140%(or more) and make it stay at 140% ?

3. I use https://www.google.com/webhp?complete=0 ... gws_rd=ssl as my home page, not the standard google home page (I hate it). How do I set new tabs to open with that page only and not the "default" google page in settings?

At the moment I have to open new tabs as a blank page to avoid the google default appearing.

oftentired

Re: Default magnification and default browser question

Post by oftentired »

1. Pale Moon should have a menu selection somewhere that allows you to set the PM browser as default from the browser itself. Otherwise re-install it and do it from the installation if it allows that choice there. Don't select set as default for future upgrades of Slimjet.

2. I don't know.

3. Click the Gear Icon at the upper right of the Browser and select Settings, in the "On Startup" section click to select "Open a specific page or set of pages". Capture your desired start page URL to your clipboard and then click the "Set pages" link style menu selection just to the right of "Open a "specific page or set of pages" and paste it in.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

toonalook

Post by toonalook »

1. I know how to [normally] set a browser as default browser and I have done that with Pale moon ( 3 times now for no effect) as I already have said.
SlimJet will just not let go as default browser. I'll have to re-install and make sure I don't tick the " make default browser' option.
I only did it the first time to try it out as default, before I then realized it was a mistake to set it as default.

2. I'll take that as a "no, you can't alter the default magnification size".

3. That just sets the start page URL not a new tab page URL. Unless new tabs are set as blank there is no way to open with my start page URL choice. New tab pages open with the google URL page of it's own choice, not mine!
Ok, it stays on "blank" page then.

I have only just discovered the downloading options. There aren't any!
Can't choose were to save them, no download progress bar and not even a displayed download size :?

All this is really basic stuff that any browser has settings for.
I think I'll return to this browser in 12mths. time to see what progress has been made with it.
In the meantime, it really needs some work just to get the basic customization choices right ...just like Chrome :(

Good luck and goodwill to the Browser coders.

Nordones

Post by Nordones »

toonalook wrote:
2. I'll take that as a "no, you can't alter the default magnification size".
Advanced Settings, Web Content, Page Zoom

Set it to what you need with your computer
-N-