How to get rid of "Mysearchdial Search" tab"?

Asking questions regarding how to use Slimjet.
Kerrith1

How to get rid of "Mysearchdial Search" tab"?

Post by Kerrith1 »

New install of SlimJet and I have it open to my home page with Google as the default search engine but also what appears is a "Mysearchdial Search" tab. How do I get rid of this?

Thanks, Kerry
Windows 10

dev

Re: How to get rid of "Mysearchdial Search" tab"?

Post by dev »

Google it and choose the best way to remove it as it suits you. MySearchDial.com is a malicious browser hijacker hat installs into your Web browser like Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome without the user’s consent. This browser hijacker will change your homepage and the default search engine to Start.MySearchDial.com. The most common problems are redirects, pop-ups and annoying sponsored advertising in your browser.

minsikau

Post by minsikau »

after removal add plugins to slimjet to better prevent crap and tu*ds getting into the browser.

Add "ublock origin" and update the definitions, then add "ghostery" and you will be preventing bad things and un authorised things using you as a advertorial consumer. much cleaner and prevent them getting control of anything via web browser.

Just for good measure add "webmail adblocker" and then efficient free password management with "lastpass", and bookmarks backup with "xmarks".

make sure you have some understanding on what each does and how to set it and update plugins.

Kerrith1

Post by Kerrith1 »

Thanks.

Google's not much help because there are no specific instructions for removing Myseachdial from Slimjet.

I'm looking for step by step instructions from someone who's removed it from Slimjet.

Kerry

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

the malware is not removed from Slimjet in particular, it is removed from your entire system

removing it from your system will result in it being removed from Slimjet and any other browsers on your system it has attached itself to

Click This Link And Follow The Instructions
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Kerrith1

Post by Kerrith1 »

Hi oftentired,

Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply.

I just recently installed Slimjet. Myseachdial only appears on the Slimjet browser. It's not on Slimbrowser, IE, FF, Chrome or Opera. Its not listed as an extension on any of them.

I'll follow the "Click This Link And Follow The Instructions" and let you know the results.

Aloha,

Kerry
Windows 10

Kerrith1

Post by Kerrith1 »

I fixed it by uninstalling it and reinstalling it.

Thanks all,

Kerry

alenluis

Post by alenluis »

"Myserachdial Search" tab is a type of harmful browser hijacker which modifies your System or browser setting automatically to corrupt System or Windows registry entries. It not only keeps user System at high risk but also release user privacy. For the sake of privacy and to avoid System from further harms, it is very necessary to delete "Myserachdial Search" tab from infected machine

sssr66589

Post by sssr66589 »

Glad to hear that your problem has been solved. Recently I also had such similar browser problem - Every time I opened a new tab of my Chrome, an unwanted search page showed up rather than the blank page I set before. I searched the web and and found the culprit is an browser extension called Search Anonymo. So I guess such problems may be caused by certain browser add-on or toolbar which was installed by us unwittingly. Just find and remove them and the problem should be fixed.
Hope this helps.
Good luck.