Grabbing Streaming Videos

Asking questions regarding how to use Slimjet.
R712G561

Grabbing Streaming Videos

Post by R712G561 »

Most of the online streaming video sites (not youtube) I go to use a technique that has a html file pointing to the actual video. Thus instead of downloading a large video file I get a very small html file, if i try to download the video from within slimpjet. FBdown is restricted in the number of sites it will work on, and most of the sites I access for streaming videos do not work with it.

Much to my annoyance i am having to open up firefox and use the flareget addon to download the full video because it can grab it well from there. From within slimjet flareget does not work well because it does not know the url of the full video as it is receiving the file details from your download manager.

Is there an addon for slimjet that grabs the url behind the html file and then passes it on to a multiple segment download manager such as flareget?

oftentired

Re: Grabbing Streaming Videos

Post by oftentired »

Have you tried it with the Turbocharged download manager turned off?

Settings > Downloads
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

R712G561

Post by R712G561 »

I have just unclicked the extension and assume that is what you meant. It did not seem to make any difference to the url that needs to be called to download the streaming video. If I put the video's url into the address bar the full video starts running. Put it into flareget or try to download it via slimjet and a very small file is downloaded. I have come across many streaming websites that use this method of hiding the true url. The url that shows as the url for the video that is playing is not the true url for the video. It is one which calls another one which is the actual url for the video.

I have tried flash get as an addon. It also does not find the true steaming video's url.

R712G561

Post by R712G561 »

I wonder if you could please revisit my question? It is actually a big problem. I am finding that the pop up window for downloads is not clickable on any of the boxes that should start the download (same problem for the saving of passwords with the password manager)! Instead of finding the underlying address of a streaming video, I am just getting the small html file that probably points to the true address. Is there a solution to this? I think I have not found the right download manager. In FF I use flashgot with flareget. Flashgot in chrome is not available. Any suggestions please for a work around?

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

R712G561 wrote:I have just unclicked the extension and assume that is what you meant.
The built in manager is called Turbocharged download manager. I was asking if you had made sure this was disabled.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

try this
I am assuming you are downloading large files
with all download managers turned off

• Start the download in question
• after the download starts click the arrow button to access the download options at the bottom of the Slimjet window
• click Pause
• click the menu Gear icon and click Downloads (or press Ctrl+J)
• Right click the URL of the download your want and select Copy Link address

32 Bit SJ on Win 11