How to update extensions?

Asking questions regarding how to use Slimjet.
ericrose

How to update extensions?

Post by ericrose »

I use Slimjet 14.0.6.0. I wonder how to update the extensions I'm having. Clicking "Update extensions now" seems to do just nothing. For example, there exists a new version (4.3.6.) for the extension "Tampermonkey", and I have the previous v (4.2.7.) without any way to update it except totally uninstalling and re-installing, it seems (at the same time losing all my settings). Is there any other way, I'd be glad to know.

ericrose

Re: How to update extensions?

Post by ericrose »

I'd be really glad to know if there is any possibility to update extensions in Slimjet (or Chrome). A new version of uBlock Origin has also been released, and it seems that I'm left with the old versions for ever. Isn't it dangerous to use old versions, too? In e.g. Firefox, the new versions pop up automatically to be installed. Please help. The "Update extensions now" button does nothing.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

Lacking success with the update button. It only takes a few moments to uninstall an extension and then install the current version.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

temp_account

Post by temp_account »

With uninstalling an extension, all of its settings will be lost! It should be possible to update extensions.
Windows 7 x64, latest Slimjet x64, "strict site isolation" flag is enabled

temp_account

Post by temp_account »

With Slimjet 14.0.16.0 the update button works.

temp_account

Post by temp_account »

The versions update for addons doesn't work again. I test it with uBlockOrigin 1.13.2 (actual is 1.13.8). I think its since Slimjet v15.0.2.0.

NewChrissy

Post by NewChrissy »

I had this problem a few Years ago in Chrome and solved it by allowing the update website in the windows firewall rules. I've forgotten the details now but maybe that will point someone in the right direction.