"Browser does not support video playback" in Silver Bird

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
Lannig92

"Browser does not support video playback" in Silver Bird

Post by Lannig92 »

Hello,

Newcomer to Slimjet and long-time user or SRWare Iron, I'm quite happy that I've discovered it and really thinking of making the switch for my daily use. Slimjet has a lot of neat add-ons, seems memory-efficient and I do appreciate the full support of Windows XP even for the latest versions.

Anyway, I have this issue that videos embedded in tweets don't play in the Silver Bird extension, I get the message in the title of this post.

I used to have this same error message when I had fallen behind a lot in Iron versions, but since then I haven't seen it in Chrome or any Chromium "fork" I've tried on this same machine.

Machine is Windows XP (yes, I know...) 32-bit SP3 with 4 Gb RAM.

Any advice please? (if you feel like replying "upgrade to Win7", please just don't, I have my reasons for keeping this machine on XP).

dev

Re: "Browser does not support video playback" in Silver Bird

Post by dev »

Lannig92

Post by Lannig92 »

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

FYI, this does not yet qualify as a known issue. If it is not established as such I will be moving this topic to the Bug Report or General forum as appropriate.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Lannig92

Post by Lannig92 »

OK, sorry wasn't sure where to post most appropriately.
Please move as seen fit.
I've reported this issue with the online reporting system too.