version 8 beta

Slimjet bug reports
Nettlebay

version 8 beta

Post by Nettlebay »

Hello!

> Sunday, feb 21: I tried Version 8 beta on my old Asus Eeebox B-204 (32-bits) with Xubuntu. Not working. Back to current version 7.0.8.0: No problem (note: Chrome 48 works like a charm)
> Monday, feb 22: I try Version 8 Beta on my Gigabyte Brix (64-bits) with Xubuntu. At first glance, it works. No crash at this time.

DiadoNiki

Re: version 8 beta

Post by DiadoNiki »

Hello!
Greetings from Bulgaria and
Congratulation for the best Chromium based browser ever - just Slimjet!
I am an old Opera Presto user and I like very much the basic concept and direction of the development of your browser! I still use Opera 12 for basic browsing, but Slimjet for work and heavy of scripts pages - more and more.

In slimjet 8 beta portable I noticed crash if I click About from settings menu. All options in main menu are messed up. I did not make a screenshot, because I rolled back to 7.0.8 Are someone experience that. I use internal Adblock with my rules, uMatrix and httpseverywhere - win Xp Pro SP3

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

It could be just a corrupt installation. Sometime that happens when one of the important resource files is not overwritten correctly during installation. Reinstall it and let me know if the same problem happens.
DiadoNiki wrote:Hello!
Greetings from Bulgaria and
Congratulation for the best Chromium based browser ever - just Slimjet!
I am an old Opera Presto user and I like very much the basic concept and direction of the development of your browser! I still use Opera 12 for basic browsing, but Slimjet for work and heavy of scripts pages - more and more.

In slimjet 8 beta portable I noticed crash if I click About from settings menu. All options in main menu are messed up. I did not make a screenshot, because I rolled back to 7.0.8 Are someone experience that. I use internal Adblock with my rules, uMatrix and httpseverywhere - win Xp Pro SP3
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

DiadoNiki

Post by DiadoNiki »

flashpeak wrote:It could be just a corrupt installation. Sometime that happens when one of the important resource files is not overwritten correctly during installation. Reinstall it and let me know if the same problem happens.
Thank you very much for your answer!
Yes, I reinstalled Slimjet with new profile and now it is OK! I will try to figure out what exactly cause this problem and let you know.

Edit:
I replaced new user directory with my old one (with all my extensions and so on) and now it is OK. This is the same situation with my other comp (win 7 64 bit) - if I upgrade directly (extract program files manually with 7zip) then the options in menu are messed up. But if I extract Slimjet in new directory, run it, and then replace user directory, it is OK. Well, I have tweaked (disabled) many settings ( http://prikachi.com/images/723/8653723D.png) and may be this cause the problem with corruption. This is the first major upgrade where this happen. Never mind, problem solved - Slimget 8 run like a charm. Thank you for your work!