Youtube webpages do not load/display completely

Slimjet bug reports
parityis

Youtube webpages do not load/display completely

Post by parityis »

Has anyone experienced YouTube webpages not loading properly (see screen shot below). I've tried disabling all extensions. e.g. ad blocker. however, this didn't solve it. Also, tried closing slimjet, renaming my profile directory in ~/.config/slimjet from Default to Default.old, deleting ~/.cache/slimjet/Default then restarting computer, then opening slimjet, so it recreates a fresh Default profile directory and cache directory. This still didn't solve the issue.

If I use firefox the webpage loads/displays and I can play and watch the video.

Here's is one of the webpages (it applies to many more though) -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9VLBxW4uuY

BTW, if there's no solution I may have to switch to another browser. I've given slimjet too many chances as it is.
////*** I used to use MS windows, then I made the switch. Now I always have hair on my head. ***////

Djiban73

Re: Youtube webpages do not load/display completely

Post by Djiban73 »

Same issue for me.

it starts when youtube staeted to migrate on his new design ! (the one with the new logo)

Except that in addition, since a few days asbolutly no youtube video are readable!!!

important note: absoltly no issue with Chrome and Iron on the same OS !! (so NOT a chromium bug for sure!)

Same result for me, I cannot keep up a browser that doesn't read such a source on in internet :(

BUT I had a simple idea: on youtube home page, I click on my account logo on the top right, and then choosed "go back to previous version of youtbe". Result:

- pages that didn't load entirely now does, but video is not playable - STILL A MASSIVE ISSUE

- pages that did load but not played the video, now work fine!

Slimjet : 10.0.13.0

Last edited by Djiban73 on Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

I cannot reproduce this problem.

Slimjet Version 15.1.3.0 on Win 7 Pro SP 1
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

stringan

Post by stringan »

@parityis:
Gather you must be running on Linux.
I don't encounter problem playing the video you link to, with Slimjet Version 15.1.3.0 on fully updated Arch Linux 64-bit system.
Are you running an older version and haven't followed these instructions, by any chance?

parityis

Post by parityis »

stringan wrote:@parityis:
Gather you must be running on Linux.
I don't encounter problem playing the video you link to, with Slimjet Version 15.1.3.0 on fully updated Arch Linux 64-bit system.
Are you running an older version and haven't followed these instructions, by any chance?
Now able to view the youtube webpages and play the videos of the offending pages. I followed the workaround suggested by Djiban73, and it worked a treat.

Youtube did need some persuading through. because when I clicked on "switch to previous version of youtube", I was prompted with a "WHy do you want to go back to previous version" dialog. After selecting "I'm experiencing issues"" (or something like this). It was stuck. So I just reloaded the page and bobs your mother's brother.(as they say in the UK - actually it's bob's your uncle - I've changed it).

Good un' Djiban73 (by the way, your nickname sounds a bit like the japaneese lipstick that Joey from Friends promoted in Japan).

@stringan: yes!, I am running linux. Actually, any windows user should be slightly concerned if he/she was to find directories and files with names like .config and .cache on their system. I believe the Windows system file structure/directories are somewhat different to linux.

Anyway, here are my system details:

Slimjet Version: 14.0.8.0 (based on Chromium 57.0.2987.98 (64-bit)) ---> this dosen't appear to be the latest version, but I'm afraid to upgrade in case it slows my system. Is there a way to roll-back. I doubt it.
O/s: ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS (Xenial)

Cheers,

Parityis
////*** I used to use MS windows, then I made the switch. Now I always have hair on my head. ***////

Djiban73

Post by Djiban73 »

Myself, I still have some videos that don't play (on pages that don't load with last youtube version). I'm not supposed to coplain as I use an old slimjet/OS version, BUT those videos work perfectly on Iron and Chrome, same operating system !!!

SAUNAAAA

Post by SAUNAAAA »

Hello, just made youtube work again on slimjet 10

uncheck "force the use of flashplayer on youtube" option on settings.

Worked for me so far on vista, i dont know if it works on XP but it should.

Djiban73

Post by Djiban73 »

SAUNAAAA wrote:Hello, just made youtube work again on slimjet 10

uncheck "force the use of flashplayer on youtube" option on settings.

Worked for me so far on vista, i dont know if it works on XP but it should.
it does work on XP!

You made my day!!! Thanks ;)