Your connection is not private

Slimjet bug reports
Fish David B. Trout

Your connection is not private

Post by Fish David B. Trout »

Just recently, Slimjet began throwing a "Your connection is not private" error (NET::ERR_CERTIFICATE_TRANSPARENCY_REQUIRED):

After reviewing the certificate, it appears there is absolutely nothing wrong with it other than it was issued by Symantec:
Image Image
It appears the base CAUSE of this problem is a BUG that was introduced in Chromium 53:

"Out of date Chrome results in ERR_CERTIFICATE_TRANSPARENCY_REQUIRED for Symantec operated sites"
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/is ... ?id=664177

This particular BUG in Chromium was quickly fixed in Chromium 54. (Note: the current version of Chromium appears to be 55).

Since the current version of Slimjet (12.0.11.0) was based on Chromium 53.0.2785.89, this BUG also exists in the current version of Slimjet.

This is a SERIOUS (high impact/pervasive) BUG in Slimjet since it directly affects people's ability to make purchases at large, popular online retailers such as Amazon.com.

The only resolution (until such time as FlashPeak can release a new updated FIXED version of Slimjet for us) is to use a different browser, thereby risking one's online privacy (which is the whole point of using Slimjet).

I would like to kindly request that FlashPeak assign this bug TOP PRIORITY in order to get a new fixed version of Slimjet out the doors as soon as humanly possible due to its timing: the bug could not have come at a worse time than during the holiday season when everyone is trying to make online gift purchases.

Thank you for your time.

DickTurpin

Re: Your connection is not private

Post by DickTurpin »

This has been happening for a few weeks now and it's a real nuisance. It's such an obvious bug and nothing has been done about it. I've been having to visit half the sites I visit using Firefox. Is that what FlashPeak want, people to use the other browsers?

RBTB2605

Post by RBTB2605 »

Unfortunately Slimjet is very slow to update. I still stop in here from time to time to see what is happening, but I am a fairly happy camper running the latest Chrome 64bit browser now. I also run Opera and the latest Vivaldi. Both Opera and Vivaldi are updated almost the latest Chrome version. Of course those browsers are maintained by a lot more people than those who have given us Slimjet.

dev

Post by dev »

If you read the forum or checked on slimjet homepage you would see this was fixed a week ago and saying what other browsers you use every post doesn't help to get the developers to quicken the pace

DickTurpin

Post by DickTurpin »

dev wrote:If you read the forum or checked on slimjet homepage you would see this was fixed a week ago and saying what (which) other browsers you use every post doesn't help to get the developers to quicken the pace
Actually I only got an update notification this morning. I don't think I want to be checking for updates and installing 'new versions' every five minutes.

mclaughh

Post by mclaughh »

I am still getting this error on the newest version. 12.0.14. Anyone else?

If I uninstall and reinstall it will work briefly then go right back to this error.

josegimcam

Post by josegimcam »

This has been happening for +- 3 days. Page: https://weather.msfc.nasa.gov/GOES/goeseasthurrir.html
Not on other browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Opera
Slimjet 12.0.15.0

josegimcam

Post by josegimcam »

Fixed on 13.0.2.0.
Thanks.

slimram

Post by slimram »

This report seems to have been closed in January but for the last week, I've been experiencing the same fault again. (See attached screen shot)

The error is: Your connection is not private

and : NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

I have searched for a solution online but drew a blank. It has happened on many occasions and not just on Facebook. It has reached a stage where I have returned to SlimBrowser.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

Until the major programming brains throughout the world can figure out a better system for security than the certificates currently being used, this will be a recurring problem. This happens at some time or another with most every browser that uses the SSL certificates.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11