Imports from Chrome

Slimjet bug reports
cwm4bama

Imports from Chrome

Post by cwm4bama »

When I installed Slimjet Version 10.0.5.0 (based on Chromium 50.0.2661.75) I checked all the boxes for it to import all that data from my installed Chrome browser, Version 49.0.2623.112 m...It did that except for passwords for the various sites.

I had to open Chrome and go through the procedure to see all my sites with passwords, jot down the passwords, reopen Slimjet and go to each of those sites and when I entered the password Slimjet offered to Save them, which I allowed...now all is OK.

Slimjet did import all my bookmarks and Bookmark Bar from Chrome and it was correct.

I've recommended this browser to other Visa/XP users on a help forum and they had the same problem with Slimjet not importing passwords from Chrome.

Is there a fix for this problem, or a way to force Slimjet to go back into Chrome settings and import those passwords??

Thanks...

oftentired

Re: Imports from Chrome

Post by oftentired »

By default Slimjet is set to use the Slimjet Quickfill feature which disables the builtin chrome password manager. If you go into settings under Passwords and Forms and turn Quickfill off by unchecking it this will turn the builtin password manager back on. After doing that it should be possibly to successfully import passwords using Google Sync. There is not yet a local (non-cloud) method that I'm aware of to import. I am thinking that your first install selections should have resulted in this happening as I stated above or the action should have been included in the choices.

If you still can do so. Go into Settings and Toggle Quickfill off and see if any of your yet to be manually imported passwords become active?

I'm going to post on a Feature Request that already exists about this. I hope to update that post with your response.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

cwm4bama

Post by cwm4bama »

Thanks for the reply...I just checked the settings and "Quickfill" does not have a check mark in it, so I assume this means it is "turned off"????

Since I did not change this setting on installation it means it was off the first time I imported data from Chrome.

Since I've already recovered passwords manually from Chrome and Slimjet now has them stored I'm reluctant to put a check mark in Quickfill to see what happens,

Should there have been a check mark in Quickfill on original installation? If so, then there's the problem....that option installs with no check mark in Quickfill...

cwm4bama

Post by cwm4bama »

One more odd observation....when I went to Settings and clicked the button to "Sign into Slimjet" nothing happens...it just sits there..I never had that problem signing into Chrome, and I can still sign into Chrome...so something's not quite right with these options....passwords not imported and can't sign into Slimjet...

So far everything else mimics Chrome and I'm happy with Slimjet...

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

I don't know for certain as I have not tested it. But I suggest you do not change the quickfill selection unless you want to take the chance that you would lose your passwords.

So apparently the first install selection to import passwords does change the default setting if you select import passwords. In which case it appears there is an issue with the import process. As the passwords are brought in using google sync I'm wondering if it is related to signing in.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

cwm4bama

Post by cwm4bama »

oftentired wrote:I don't know for certain as I have not tested it. But I suggest you do not change the quickfill selection unless you want to take the chance that you would lose your passwords.

So apparently the first install selection to import passwords does change the default setting if you select import passwords. In which case it appears there is an issue with the import process. As the passwords are brought in using google sync I'm wondering if it is related to signing in.
That's what makes sense to me...even now when I click on "Sign in to Slimjet" it does nothing....no attempt to sign in..it's like I clicked a blank space... :roll:

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

Go into Settings and click the button Disconnect your Google Account.
After restarting the browser reconnect to your google account

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

cwm4bama

Post by cwm4bama »

oftentired wrote:Go into Settings and click the button Disconnect your Google Account.
After restarting the browser reconnect to your google account

There is no disconnect button in the Slimjet settings, just the Connect button. I closed Slimjet, opened Chrome and disconnected my account, closed Chrome, reopened Slimjet and same results...clicking the "Connect" button does nothing... :roll:

dev

Post by dev »

yes this is a bug i reckon as i have tried to clicking sign in all that happens i get a sign in to slimjet box underneath which if i click that i get nothing happen , never use to do that it use to redirect the google sign in page ???