No more Slimjet for me.

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
EddieOrtizMarrero

No more Slimjet for me.

Post by EddieOrtizMarrero »

Last month, I indicated in this forum that Google had announced that they would update the browser for serious security problems they had encountered. They recommend the users tu update to the last version inmediately. I report this in these Slimjet forums, but unfortunately nothing has happened. My post was 11Nov19. I know that Slimjet update a little later, but when there are security problems Slimjet needs to give priority to that for the benefit of the users. I haven't seen results until today, I'm leaving Slimjet.

Passenger

Re: No more Slimjet for me.

Post by Passenger »

What were the security issues?

And why do you trust the Evil One? :mrgreen:

EddieOrtizMarrero

I don't know about security problems but Google indicated it about a month ago. As users we do not know the details when they say so, but it is enough to update the browser. You can check the news a month before in relation to this.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

Be more specific. Was this security alert from the Google Chrome team or from the Chromium browser engine team.

Google Chrome takes the underlying Chromium browser engine, just like Slimjet does, and modifies stuff to make it "their" Google Chrome browser. So knowing where this alert is coming from, or which browser it applies to, is important to making an informed decision about the application of the warning regarding the use of Slimjet.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

EddieOrtizMarrero

76.0.3809.132 Check this Chrome version.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

According to Google, this "use-after-free" flaw exists in the Blink browser engine that powers the Google Chrome and poses a "high" risk to large and medium government and business entities.
This coincides with my opinion that the average security risk does not apply to the ordinary non-business "single" PC, user as there are too many of us to make the effort of a direct / specific single user attack profitable. Since I am not a large or medium size gov't or business user, there is very little of value they can obtain from my system. I'm not so concerned about Slimjet being slow to update that I'm going to stop using Slimjet.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

EddieOrtizMarrero

You lost the game with me, since Slimjet updates to version 78 now. Your opinion is not necessarily the same as others.

stompbixby

Post by stompbixby »

EddieOrtizMarrero wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:48 am
You lost the game with me, since Slimjet updates to version 78 now. Your opinion is not necessarily the same as others.
EDIT: stompbixby as much as I appreciate the support please do not make this personal when posting on the forum
Last edited by oftentired on Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

stompbixby wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:00 am
EddieOrtizMarrero wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:48 am
talk about being entitled, wow

i literally made this account to reply to you. people like you are the worst.
Relax. :lol: