Youtube video Html5 unavailable

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
noam besser

Youtube video Html5 unavailable

Post by noam besser »

I'm a new user of Slimjet, using 10.0.13.0 v. last updated on Feb. 2017'

In spite of all attempts I've tried, unfortunately can't watch any of Youtube videos.
A black window message appears indicates that the browser doesn't
recognize any HTML5 formats.
I have no experience with FFmpeg (if it really necessary).

I would like to get some advises in purpose to solve that issue.
Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Noam

sleeper10

Re: Youtube video Html5 unavailable

Post by sleeper10 »

Hard to give a solution since there are several causes for this. Try these one at a time: If you are signed in to youtube, sign out. Disable your extensions, disable adblocker, clear history, disable hardware acceleration. If these fail, google 'youtube black screen' for other things to try.

sleeper10

Post by sleeper10 »

Remember to restart slimjet each time you make a change. If possible (maybe not on xp), update slimjet.

noam besser

Re: Youtube video Html5 unavailable on xp

Post by noam besser »

sleeper10 wrote:Hard to give a solution since there are several causes for this. Try these one at a time: If you are signed in to youtube, sign out. Disable your extensions, disable adblocker, clear history, disable hardware acceleration. If these fail, google 'youtube black screen' for other things to try.
Hi Sleeper10,
Unfortunately. no success achieved.(including google "black screen" search).
I didn't signed to YT, don't have any extensions, Adblocker was disabled , History is regular clean, Acceleration - YT settings: - regular, quality 360p.

You tube says that Slimjet (I guess it refers to the relevant version I'm running) doesn't support: H.264, WebMvp8, Ms&H.264.
On the other hand it supports: HTMLvideoelements, Mediasourceextention, Mse&WebMvp9 ( with HTML5 using if it's possible).

I wonder if I need an add-on to install for fixing this problem.
I don't use Flash Player, since Slimjet has "pepperflash" - built in (hope it was built in Slimjet version I'm running).
More of that, I can't figure out whether Slimjet 10.0.13.0 version includes a Force flash on youtube (not HTML5) as a built in.

Thanks in advance for any assist.
Noam

sleeper10

Post by sleeper10 »

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

noam besser

Re: Youtube video Html5 unavailable - xp

Post by noam besser »

sleeper10 wrote:Maybe this old thread will help:
https://www.slimjet.com/en/forum/viewto ... ?f=5&t=938
Thank you Sleeper10 for your response.

I have already K-lite codec pack installed (standard version), even though unable to watch YouTube videos via Slimjet.
Surprisingly, I can watch videos, via Slimjet, of other sites like Daily Motion or Vimeo.

For watching on YT, I have to copy the url video address and past it on VLC.
Inconvenient way, but the only one I figured out to work.

I do hope that Slimjet developers will pay attention to this issue.

Thanks again.

Respectfully,
Noam

noam besser

Re: Youtube video Html5 unavailable - xp

Post by noam besser »

Thank you Oftentired for the link you recommended.

I already installed "k-lite codec pack" but unfortunately can't watch YouTube videos.

Hoping that Slimjet's developers will respond to this issue on the next update for xp.

All the best,
Noam

sleeper10

Post by sleeper10 »

Might be you need to try a different k-lite version or a new codec pack till you find one that works for you. Here are the two from my previous thread & oftentired posted others.

http://shark007.net/vistacodecpackage.html
http://shark007.net/advanced.html

noam besser

Post by noam besser »

sleeper10 wrote:Might be you need to try a different k-lite version or a new codec pack till you find one that works for you. Here are the two from my previous thread & oftentired posted others.

http://shark007.net/vistacodecpackage.html
http://shark007.net/advanced.html
Recently I tried to uncheck "force the use of flash player on youtube.com" button ( on Slimjet settings).
Now I can watch youtube videos (medium quality display) but the audio (sound) is displayed on very low quality.

Can Slimjet's developer fix it??

Many thanks in advance,
Noam