A very disgusting problem that was not in previous versions:

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
taba0007

A very disgusting problem that was not in previous versions:

Post by taba0007 »

Dear Slimjet Producer,

I used to be able seamlessly transfer all the personalizations and the extensions that I installed in old version (14 and earlier) Slimjet to other computers
(saving the "User Data" directory to a USB stick); but if I do something like that in the new versions (15), all the plugins I've already installed are
deleted by Slimjet (just like Chrome does).

Google has been doing this resetting intentionally for years and thinks: "Chrome users can not synchronize with the 'User Data' directory, so they have to
get a Google account for syncing, so that we can get more personal information from them."

Question: I quit Google Chrome about 3 years ago and since then I have been using Slimjet; but I still can understand the purpose of Google. Well, what is
your purpose? Why are you starting to create a problem that is not in the older versions now in your new versions? Do you want to reduce the number
of Slimjet users?

Best regards,

Note : I've been using the portable versions of the browsers for years. So, what I wrote above is about portable Slimjet.
Last edited by taba0007 on Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

oftentired

Re: A very disgusting problem that was not in previous versi

Post by oftentired »

Slimjet developers would not deliberately sabotage the user profile importing process.

It is possible the underlying chrome engine has made incompatible changes to the user profile handling as part of the chromium 58 or 59 update.

See if you can continue forward from version 15. Might have to wait for the next update to 16 to test this possibility.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

taba0007

Post by taba0007 »

Dear "oftentired",

Thank you so much for your quick response! I started using the Cent Browser for several months because of the above problem.

Current version number of Cent is: "2.8.3.58 (Chromium 60.0.3112.101)". And there is no problem in Cent Browser, what I wrote above.

Best regards,

Note: When version 16 of Slimjet comes out, I will try to see if the problem persists.

taba0007

Post by taba0007 »

Dear "oftentired",

(First of all sorry my bad english. I do not want to attend English courses after this age, so as not to get 'tired often' like you :))

I tried the new version of Slimjet (15.1.3) to check if the above error was corrected; but unfortunately, it is still uncorrected.

I think that might be two reasons:

* The technical team has left the job for a few months; and all new team members are mentally retarded (so with Down syndrome);

* Or the technical team made a secret deal with Google to provide benefits...

Best regards,

Note: To open pop-up windows writing "If you like it, donate!" as Slimjet, you need to have more features than Chrome, because Google does not want donations for Chrome.

taba0007

Post by taba0007 »

Dear "oftentired",

I never thought of going into this forum again; but you said about this mistake that I announced "... Might have to wait for the next update to 16 to test this possibility"; So I am writing this last post:

* I was not entirely sure what I said about Slimjet's new technical team about 1,5 months ago; but for now I am absolutely sure: They are a mentally retarded congenital;

* The owner of Slimjet who does not investigate the mistakes written here is also a dishonest moron like its technical team;

* And Unfortunately, Slimjet is now a dying patient and there is no hope of getting rid of it.

I wish you condolences and patience in advance. Goodbye!..

Regards,

NOTE: When I reported this mistake, the version number of Slimjet was 15.1.2. Since that day, the new version has been released 3 times; but the mistake is still not fixed. Therefore, it is not worth waiting more for the Slimjet's problems to be solved, because there are much better quality and trouble free alternatives (e.g. Cent Browser).